ISO 9001 - Getting Started
Is your business looking towards attaining ISO 9001 or are you looking for support during re-certification. Look no further as DGA Safety Consultancy and Training have the expertise and can offer ISO 9001 consultancy packages that can be customized to your business. Your ISO 9001 package can be designed to remove the complexity of getting you where you want to be, at a budget to suit your business – offering peace of mind - whatever your starting point.
What is ISO 9001 Quality Management?
It is a common misconception that adhering to ISO 9001 is a box ticking exercise, that it’s bureaucratic and restricts innovation. This is a myth! An ISO 9001 quality management system, based on a ‘Plan – Do – Check – Act’ process will help your business to continually monitor and manage quality throughout the organisation. As the world’s most widely recognized quality management standard, it outlines ways to achieve, as well as benchmark, consistent performance and service. With ISO 9001 you can put in place processes that allow you to improve the way you operate at all levels.
What are the benefits of having an ISO 9001 Quality Management system?
- Allows your business to become a more consistent competitor in your marketplace
- Better quality management helps you meet your customer needs
- More efficient ways of working will save time, money and resources
- Improved operational performance will eliminate errors and increase profitability
- Motivate and engage staff with more efficient internal processes
- Win more high value customers with better customer service
- Broaden business opportunities by demonstrating compliance
Implementing an ISO 9001 System
Implementing ISO 9001 to your business? Let us make the process simple for you.
Here at DGA Safety Consultancy and Training we believe each business is unique and each business is at a different stage in their ISO 9001 implementation journey. That’s why we offer customized service bundles that are as unique as your business.
Your ISO 9001 package can include the specific mix of services your business needs for a top quality management system – removing the complexity of managing multiple tasks. You’ll get a start to finish ISO 9001 Business Plan that engages key stakeholders across your business.
And we’ll work with the systems you already have in place, guiding you step by step through implementation – ready for certification.
Certification to ISO 9001
ISO 9001 certification gets your quality management system recognized nationally and globally. Its demonstrates your compliance and commitment to industry-respected practices; keeps you competitive and opens up new business opportunities. We make the certification process simple. After we have received your enquiry, we will appoint one of our Quality consultants who will guide you and your business through the following steps.
1. Free Gap analysis – This is pre-assessment service where we take a look at your existing quality management documentation and compare it with the requirements within the ISO 9001 standard. This helps us identify areas that need work before a formal (step 3) assessment, saving you time and money.
2. Develop a Quality Management System Our gap analysis will inform us what procedures and controls are needed to build your system up to ISO 9001 standards. Our bespoke packages means DGA can do as little, or as much to build your system, as your budget or time allows. We will then review your organization’s preparedness for assessment
3. Formal assessment – This happens in two stages. An external certification body will assess if all the requirements are in place, they will then assess the implementation of the procedures and controls within your organization to make sure that they are working effectively as required for certification.
4. Certification and beyond – When you have passed the formal assessment you will receive an ISO 9001 certificate, which is valid for three years. It’s not enough to get successfully certified and then expect your organization to keep performing at a high level, you need to focus on making compliance to a standard an ongoing habit – otherwise you won’t experience the long term benefits that standards bring. Our bespoke annual retainer packages allows for your DGA Quality Consultant to stay in touch during this time, paying you regular visits to make sure your system doesn’t just remain compliant, but that it continually improves.
Those benefits are real, but they require a genuine will to keep improving performance.
Success for TAG Energy Solutions regarding ISO 9001 ISO 14001 Audit
Eon Climate & Renewables (the Employer) is procuring the Humber Gateway Offshore Wind Farm on a multi-contract basis.
Humber Gateway is located in the northern part of the Great Wash area. The site is some 8km east of the Yorkshire Coast near the Humber Estuary in the north east of England. The site will have an installed capacity of approximately 220MW. The offshore element of the project will consist of 73 Vestas V112 turbines. Each turbine will be mounted on a driven monopole foundation (MP) with a separate transition piece (TP)
Typical Transition Piece
The Scope of Supply was for the supply of the WTG Foundations which comprised of Primary Steel being monopiles (MP’s), Transition pieces (TP’s), Secondary Steel and Tertiary Elements TAG were asked to fabricate and supply 4 No WTG Foundations within a set time, quality and cost basis to win a further 12 WTG Foundations. This was to be carried out in parallel with this work to improve the management and quality systems for the pending Lloyds Register Quality Audit (LRQA)
Tag Called in DGA Safety to ensure they were meeting their commitments to ISO 9001,14001, and client requirements under the contract, to help get the plant and systems into shape prior to the audit and manage the audit for TAG with LRQA.
DGA worked closely with TAG Senior Management throughout the programme, while they established a permanent management structure to take over the running of the QA and ISO FUNCTION. DGA took a holistic view of the company and helped in all areas as part of the audit process.
The work included
Liaison with the Client EON – Site Representatives
Systems review including Internal Auditing
Introduction of a production T Card system
EON Observation Reports
Material Handling Processes
Material Tractability and Dimensional Surveys
Development of Machine Calibration Register
Energy Usage and CO2 calculations
Deionised Water Plant
Compiling of Management Record Books
Suggestion with regard to a temporary extension to the paint and blast facility
DGA worked closely with TAG Senior Management throughout the work including highlighting areas of deficiency and improvements in the process to help them retain their ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditation, and help improve the efficiency of the production process.
* Required fields
Call us on +44 (0)191 5197 336 or view our Course Calendar for availabilityCourse Calendar
One of the UK’s most widely held and respected Health and Safety awards, designed for managers and supervisors from any organisation (public or private sector) who need to manage Health and Safety.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a globally recognised Health and Safety qualification held by more than 150,000 people in the UK and worldwide.
Suitable for all personnel, in any sector, requiring grounding in the essentials of Health and Safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – this course offers that!